You are here
Bulldog Boost - Fall 2017
Accelerate to the end of the semester
Stressed about classes and papers? Money? Anxious about that big research project you need to finish? Feel like you need a boost! With partners from across campus, the Kathryn A. Martin Library invites you to Bulldog Boost, a three-day event designed to give you the support you need to tackle the end of the semester with confidence.
The event offers additional research support, wellness activities, fun prizes, and workshops on timely topics such as citing sources, handling your money, and reducing your stress.
Staff members from the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Academic Writing & Learning Center (AWLC), Tutoring Center, and Writers' Workshop will be available to support your triumphant run to the end of the semester. We are actively seeking out students and helping them to sign up or drop-in for a quick session on research, writing, or to find a time that a tutor is available. Candy & experts will be readily available! Expect to see us in Kirby Plaza and outside of the library!
What else are we doing to help you crush Fall 2017? Plenty!
PAWS (Pet Away Worry & Stress) will be in the Library on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Get some quality time with a kitty or dog. We rate the experience a 13/10! It's a proven method for reducing stress and anxiety.
Additionally, we are thrilled to provide three days of workshops on research, finances, meditation, citations, study skills, and team building! Sign Up Here! Our drop-in courses are:
Monday, November 6
- Bulldog Money Matters/ Financial Literacy Peer Mentors /12-12:50 p.m., Lib 115
- Introduction to Academic Research / Adam Brisk, Librarian / 1-2 p.m., Lib 116
- CALM Meditation Sessions / UMD Disability Resources & UMD Health Services / 2-3 p.m., Lib 119
- Introduction to Academic Research / Facilitator: Adam Brisk, Librarian / 5-6 p.m., Lib 116
Tuesday, November 7
- APA Style Basics / Emily Woster, PhD, Lead Consultant, Writers' Workshop / 12-12:50 p.m., Lib 115
- APA Style Basics / Emily Woster, PhD, Lead Consultant, Writers' Workshop / 5-5:50 p.m., Lib 115
Wednesday, November 8
- Reading to Remember / Kelley Newhouse, AWLC Faculty Member / 10-10:50 a.m., Lib 115
- PAWS - Pet Away Worry & Stress / 11 a.m.-1 p.m., First Floor Reading Room
- Keys to Team Success / Kelley Newhouse, AWLC Faculty Member / 1-1:50 p.m., Lib 115
- CALM Meditative Session / UMD Disability Resources, Health Services /12:15-12:45 p.m., Lib 119
Can't make it to a session? You can always sign up for an individual meeting with:
Bulldog Boost is sponsored by the Kathryn A. Martin Library, the Academic Writing and Learning Center, UMD Disability Resources, Kirby Program Board UMD Financial Literacy Peer Mentors, Health Services, UMD Wellness Advocates, and UMD PAWS.