You are here
Nominate a Book for NEMBA – Our 30th Year!
Nominations for the 30th annual Northeastern Minnesota Book Awards are due February 1, 2018.
Save the date: This year's NEMBA Celebration will be Thursday, May 24, 2018.
The 30th annual Northeastern Minnesota Book Awards (NEMBA) will be presented at a public celebration on Thursday, May 24, 2018. The celebration will include a featured speaker, book fair, and refreshments.
Call for Nominations
Nominations are now being accepted.
Deadline for Entry: February 1, 2018
Send a completed nomination form, one copy of each nominated book, and a $25 non-refundable entry fee to:
UMD Kathryn A. Martin Library
Library Administration Office
416 Library Drive
Duluth, MN 55812
- Nonfiction: nonfiction works such as history, biography, guidebooks, cookbooks, books about science and nature, and scholarly works.
- Fiction: novels, short stories, plays, and other works of narrative fiction.
- Art, Photography: books that primarily serve to showcase (and annotate) the visual art contained in them.
- Children's Literature: books of any type intended for children and young adults.
- Poetry: collections of poetry or a single poem of book length.
- Memoir: books that examine some aspect of the world from a highly personal perspective.
Eligibility Requirements and Entry Guidelines
- The subject matter of the nominated books MUST substantially represent northeastern Minnesota in the areas of history, culture, heritage and lifestyle. For the purpose of the awards, Northeastern Minnesota includes the following counties: Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Kanabec, Koochiching, Lake, Pine, and St. Louis.
- Nominated books must have a 2017 publishing date. Books with a 2016 copyright that were not released until 2017 may be submitted in the 30th annual NEMBA. A written explanation for why a book with a 2016 copyright is eligible must be submitted along with the nomination form.
- Nominated books must have been written in English and published in bound paper format. Regretfully, exhibition catalogues are not accepted. For ebook submissions, please call 218-726-7889.
- One copy of each nominated book must be submitted along with an entry form. The book is non-returnable.
- A $25 NON-REFUNDABLE entry fee is required for each nominated book; checks or money orders only, made payable to the Kathryn A. Martin Library.