32nd Annual Northeastern Minnesota Book Awards - POSTPONED
In response to the restrictions posed by the pandemic, and the staffing and financial challenges faced by University of Minnesota Duluth and Kathryn A. Martin Library, it is increasingly likely that we may not be able to hold an in-person event in Spring 2021 to honor and celebrate the nominees and winners of the 32nd annual Northeastern Minnesota Book Awards.
In light of this, we anticipate awarding the 32nd annual awards in an online and safe manner by the end of 2020 OR in early 2021.
We’ll have more information in 2021 about the 33rd NEMBA awards - we are not prepared at this time to open the nomination process. Please stay tuned…
We realize how much NEMBA means to our communities and we look forward to sharing more information as it becomes available.
Nominations for the 32nd annual awards were submitted in one of six categories:
- Nonfiction: nonfiction works such as history, biography, guidebooks, cookbooks, books about science and nature, and scholarly works.
- Fiction: novels, short stories, plays, and other works of narrative fiction.
- Art, Photography: books that primarily serve to showcase (and annotate) the visual art contained in them.
- Children's Literature: books of any type intended for children and young adults.
- Poetry: collections of poetry or a single poem of book length.
- Memoir: books that examine some aspect of the world from a highly personal perspective.
The winning book in each category will receive a cash prize of $200. The winning book and the honorable mention in each category will receive a glass plaque and 100 book seals.
Presented by UMD's Kathryn A. Martin Library
416 Library Drive
Duluth, MN 55812