What Is Course Reserves?
Course Reserves is a library service that provides access to high-demand materials that your professor or instructor "put on reserve" for their course. Materials may be physical books, media items, kits, PDFs, or electronic resources.
To see if your course has material on reserve, log into Canvas and select your course.
See Library Course Pages for subject guides for your course and see any materials that your instructor has placed on reserve. If there is no section labeled "Course Reserves," there are no materials currently on reserve for your course.
If your course does not have a Canvas site, you can also find material on course reserve using the Course Reserves option in the library catalog's advanced search..You can search by course name, course code, or instructor name.
Electronic Reserve Materials
Electronic resources and PDFs can be accessed right from the course reserves list. Click "view online" to open electronic resources and/or download PDFs to view on your computer.
Check Out Physical Items on Reserve (not available for Fall 2020)
Please come to the first floor circulation desk knowing the title you wish to check out, or the instructor’s name, course name, or course code.
Helpful Tips For Items on Reserve
- Click the title on the course reserves list to see whether it is available or checked out by someone.
- Did your professor or instructor tell you that material would be available on reserve but when you logged in you didn't see the course reserves listed? The material might still be in process. Wait a day or two, before revisiting your Canvas Library Course Page, or check with your instructor.
- To provide access to more students, we restrict checkouts to one reserve item at a time.
- Loan periods may be three hours or one day.
- Overdues are fined at $1 per hour due to high demand for reserve materials.
- Need help accessing your course reserves lists? Please come to the first floor Circulation desk.