You are here
Ask Us! Research Help Service
Research Help Service / AskUs
UMD Research Help services are currently available during these hours:
- Currently 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Available Services: Chat, Email, Phone, Text
- Use the chat widget on the side of any web page to connect to a librarian 24/7. You can also chat from many of our databases.
- Email your question and we will respond within 24 hours.
- Text a librarian at 218-305-4600 during Research & Information office hours.
- Call 218-726-8100 for research help during these hours. Please leave a message with your return phone number and email address.
In-Person Consultations on hold until further notice
In order to accommodate library employees’ remote work, the library has suspended public, face-to-face services.
Contact your Subject Specialist
Contact your subject liaison librarian to assist with your research.
Get Help with Access to Online Resources or Technical Issues
Who May Use Ask Us?
Ask Us! is for UMD students, faculty, staff, distance education students, Northeast Minnesota residents, and those requesting information unique to UMD. Chats are recorded and saved for one month. Chat content remains confidential, as we make every effort to protect your privacy.