Questions about Reading
Use these questions to prompt reflection or discussion on the Reading Without Walls program in your course.
- What did you read? What did it mean to you?
- What characters, stories, or ideas from this book most stood out to you?
- What was most surprising, intriguing, or challenging to you about this book?
- What are the next steps for you after reading this book? What would you like to do, read, or learn more about?
- What were some of the differences between this book and the books you typically read?
- What did you learn from this book? What will you take from this book moving forward?
- How do themes and ideas from this book relate to things you’re learning in and out of the classroom at UMD?
- What questions do you have about the book you read?
Questions about Events
- What event did you attend and why did you choose it?
- Describe the event. What did you learn from it? What was most surprising or interesting to you about the event?
- What are the next steps for you after attending this event? What would you like to do, read, or learn more about?