Visitor Information & Tours
You are here
Welcome Alumni & Community Members
- The Kathryn A. Martin Library is open to the public.
- Visitors are welcome to use books and most ejournals/ebooks in the library.
- Off campus access to ejournals/ebooks is limited to UMD faculty, staff, and students.
Get a Library Card
Participation is free for full-time residents living within 100 miles of UMD. Students and faculty of area higher education institutions may also apply for borrowing privileges.
- Bring a valid, government-issued photo ID showing your current address. If you recently moved, bring a photo ID plus a utility bill addressed to you at your current address.
- Fill out an application at the Circulation desk, signed with your agreement to abide by Kathryn A. Martin Library borrowing policies.
Please be aware that all loans are subject to recall by other library users.
Guest Computer and Equipment Access
- Seven guest computers with Windows operating systems are available on the library's first floor. You must show a current government-issued photo ID at the Circulation desk to apply for a guest computer account. You may use a computer for up to two hours per day.
- A Scannx book scanner is located on the first floor. You can save documents to your USB drive or send them to a color or black & white printer.
- Printers are available on the first, second, and third floors. See more about printing.
To request a tour of the Kathryn A. Martin Library, please email the Research & Learning Team or call 218-726-8100 to make arrangements. Tours last approximately 30–40 minutes and begin in the library lobby near the Circulation desk. Tours should be arranged at least two weeks in advance. Groups of 25 or more should make arrangements earlier so that appropriate staffing can be arranged. Learn more by reading our tour policy.
For campus tours, see the UMD Admissions Campus Visit page.