You are here
Online Learning and Library Resources
Hybrid and Online Course Support
Research support isn't limited to the physical classroom. The expertise of our research librarians is available for online and hybrid coursework, where librarians can demonstrate resources, provide feedback on topics and help students reach their goals.
Instructors who are interested in expanding their library resources in a hybrid or full-online environment can set up a consultation with their departments' liaison librarian. Additional library elements can be developed, including:
- Consultation for online assignments and tutorials that can help students understand key research concepts.
- Purchase of digital materials for the course via our course content support program
- Demonstrations on how to permalink and embed articles, videos and other content.
- Librarian participation in discussion forums to assist students with topic organization, keyword development, resource location, and more.
- Recording an asynchronous online instruction session, or
- Setting up individual research consultations via Zoom, or Google Hangouts
Examples of Digital Objects
Librarians have access to learning interactive tools like LibWizard, Qualtrics, YouTube, Canvas Commons and many other resources.
A library designed learning module can be:
- an interactive assessments like this LibWizard for Advanced Writing which allows students to formulate research questions with the assistance of a librarian,
- or the following tutorial created for WRIT 1120 on Evaluating Sources
- Or, an introductory video for key course concepts, databases and research resources.
Librarians will collaborate with instructors to develop and implement content, and reserve the right to select projects based on learning outcomes and availability. Please be ready to share a syllabus, research assignments, and learning outcomes for the course.
Learn More about Online Course Support
Do you have questions about library support for online and hybrid courses?
- Contact UMD's Online Learning Librarian, Adam Brisk, or Information Literacy & Assessment Librarian Kim Pittman.
- Interested in a developing a Research Guide or other tool? Meet with your Departments Liaison Librarian.
- Find more Information on electronic and digital materials on our Course Reserves page.