You are here
Library Support for Online and Hybrid Courses
Hybrid and Online Course Support
Research support isn't limited to the physical classroom. The expertise of our research librarians is available for online and hybrid coursework, where librarians can demonstrate resources, provide feedback on topics and help students reach their goals. We offer two levels of support for online and hybrid courses.
Tier 1 Support
The Kathryn A. Martin Library can quickly provide the following resources for courses with online components:
With permission, Liaison Librarians can set up the following resources in your Canvas instance.
- A link to your department's Subject Liaison Librarian Profile Page
- Links to the Existing Subject/Course Research Guides, which contain:
- Information on finding relevant scholarly resources for the subject.
- A listing of databases for each discipline
- Tutorials and links for citing sources, using inter-library loan and Get It.
Beginning in Fall 2019, the above mentioned resources will be automatically incorporated into all Canvas Instances at the University of Minnesota Duluth.
A press release and details regarding the Library Course Pages will be released in mid-March 2019.
Tier 2 Support
Instructors who are interested in expanding their library resources in a hybrid or full-online environment can set up a consultation with Departments' liaison librarian. Additional library elements can be developed, including:
- Consultation for online assignments and tutorials that can help students understand key research concepts.
- Purchase of digital materials for the course
- Curation of permalinks of scholarly articles, data-sets and other proprietary sources.
- Demonstrations on how to permalink and embed articles, videos and other content.
- Librarian participation in discussion forums to assist students with topic organization, keyword development, resource location, and more.
- Providing an asynchronous online instruction tutorial.
Want to learn more?
Do you have questions about library support for online and hybrid courses?