You are here
Reflect on reading
Questions to guide reflection and discussion
Questions about Reading
Use these questions to prompt reflection or discussion on the Reading Without Walls program in your course.
- What did you read? What did it mean to you?
- What characters, stories, or ideas from this book most stood out to you?
- What was most surprising, intriguing, or challenging to you about this book?
- What are the next steps for you after reading this book? What would you like to do, read, or learn more about?
- What were some of the differences between this book and the books you typically read?
- What did you learn from this book? What will you take from this book moving forward?
- How do themes and ideas from this book relate to things you’re learning in and out of the classroom at UMD?
- What questions do you have about the book you read?
Questions about Events
- What event did you attend and why did you choose it?
- Describe the event. What did you learn from it? What was most surprising or interesting to you about the event?
- What are the next steps for you after attending this event? What would you like to do, read, or learn more about?