Study Rooms are unavailable until further notice
Need a room to do group work in the library? UMD students, faculty, and staff can book one of the library's 21 group study rooms
Group study rooms can be used by UMD students, faculty, and staff for studying and academic projects.
We expect study room users to behave in a manner consistent with the UMD Student Conduct Code, the University of Minnesota Board of Regents Student Code of Conduct (PDF) and prevailing community standards.
Study Room Rules
- A study room key may be booked for up to 3 hours per day and must be returned to the Circulation desk by the end of the reservation time. *During summer months, rooms may be booked for as long as the library is open (see library hours).
- Please pick up the key within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
- Rooms are not to be used for regularly scheduled classes or regularly scheduled meetings.
- When a key is lost or not returned, the individual who booked the room is responsible for replacement costs. The lost item replacement fee is $100, and the associated processing fee is $15.
- The following activities are not allowed in the group study rooms: painting, practicing music, partying, holding office hours or regularly scheduled classes, conducting recruitment sessions, or engaging in activities that are disruptive to others.
- Behaviors that will result in expulsion from a group study room include, but are not limited to:
- Disruptive behavior
- Threatening behavior
- Failure to adhere to Martin Library's food and drink policy