Group Study Rooms
You are here
Need a room to do group work in the library? UMD students, faculty, and staff can book one of the library's 20 group study rooms.
The group study rooms are for use by UMD students, faculty, and staff for studying and academic projects.
Study Room Rules
- A group study room key may be booked for up to 3 hours per day and must be returned to the Circulation desk by the end of the reservation time. *During summer months, rooms may be booked for as long as the library is open.
- You must pick up the room key within the first 15 minutes of the booked time.
- Rooms are not to be used for regularly scheduled classes or regularly scheduled meetings.
- When a key is lost or not returned, the individual who booked the room is responsible for replacement costs. The lost item replacement fee is $100, and the associated processing fee is $15.
- The following activities are not allowed in the group study rooms: painting, practicing music, partying, holding office hours or regularly scheduled classes, conducting recruitment sessions, or engaging in activities that are disruptive to others.
- Behaviors that will result in expulsion from a group study room include, but are not limited to:
- Disruptive behavior
- Threatening behavior
- Failure to adhere to Martin Library's food and drink policy